INTERNSHIP ASSESSMENT

B KRISHNA 
ROLL NO - 79
2O17 BATCH 

I was posted as intern in the department of GENERAL MEDICINE  from 12-02-2023 to 13-04-2023. During my tenure as intern i have been posted in  UNIT 1 for 1 month.  
 
15 days of peripherals which included ICU , NEPHROLOGY and MEDICAL WARD 
15 days in psychiatry department .

MY LEARNING PORTFOLIO DURING INTERNSHIP 

I have seen many cases in OPD with the help of my unit pgs and learned to approach and manage minor diseases 

 I have learnt about Respiratory and Abdominal clinical examinations and interpretation of xrays.

I have made following blogs during unit duties.

learning points:
how to approach a neck swelling case

How to approach dysphagia


Learning points:
 How to approach bleeding per rectum

Treatment for Tenia Cruris



Learning points:
Management of GERD


Learning points:
Causes of Lipoma and its Management 

 Learning points:
Use of SAAG  in diagnosing ascites

Causes of ascites



Learning Points:
Use of SIRS Criteria in ruling out Sepsis
 
Role of drugs in causing gastroenteritis

 I also made soap notes and updated in concerned pajr groups and also updated fever chart.
During unit duties I have learnt how to approach chest pain SOB ascites and learned about young onset of Hypertension. 

In casualty i took  ABG samples, learned to inserted a cannula.

 I learned how to put a condom catheter 

I also had drawn venous blood samples 

I had seen how a USG guided ascitic tap is done

I had seen how a Renal Biopsy is taken

I had seen and done aseptic dressing for diabetic foot

Learning from ICU and AMC Duties:
On the very first day i learnt CPR  and also did DEFIBRILLATION with help of DR NISHITHA maam

I put foleys catheter to both male and female patient

I took multiple ABG samples from both radial and femoral arteries and also inserted a cannula

I have seen how Intubation is done and how a Central line catheter is inserted
 
I monitered vitals of the ICU patients and AMC patients

Learnings from Ward duties:
I had attended rounds with Pgs and Faculty
 
I had learnt how  to insert Ryles tube for the first time 

I had learnt about approach and treatment of Acute Pancreatitis 

Learnings from Nephrology duties:

I learned how to do a ascitic tap 
 
I had learnt about acute presenting symptoms of the CKD patients who need dialysis like SOB,sudden increase or fall in Hypertension and complications of dialysis need for their monitoring 

I did vitals monitoring of the patients before and after dialysis

I also did CPR in my nephrology duty



Learnings from Psychiatry postings:
I have seen history takings of depression anxiety and alcohol dependence syndrome.

I visited deaddiction centre and learned about deaddiction program 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years old female with SOB and chest pain

67 FEMALE WITH DYSPHAGIA AND NECK SWELLING UNDER EVALUATION